Sunday, February 4, 2007

"Books, records, movies––these things matter"

With the immortal words of John Cusack as Rob Gordon in "High Fidelity" as a send-off, The Fake Plastic Press is officially rolling. This blog's purpose is to provide an area for the discussion of music and music-related topics. There'll be no "Rolling Stone Magazine" shit here ever––regardless of popularity, Fake Plastic Press does not and will not exist for anything other than offering straightforward opinions and good music journalism (if not a bit of random thought as well).
I hope to be accompanied on this mission by as many true fans of music as possible. Please feel free to comment openly on the blog and state your own opinions on anything and/or everything I write––I may be the voice here, but I wouldn't want to be speaking to a deaf audience.
It's just turned to Feb. 5, 2007 (and sorry Bears fans), but I plan to continue this project for as long as is necessary to broadcast myself. This blog is bound to evolve and develop as time progresses, and if you have any suggestions or want to help me with that as well, your input will be welcomed.
And so, with all of that said, I welcome you to Fake Plastic Press. Let the turntables spin.

-Jono

I'd also like to give special thanks to Rachel Baron, Ryan Carlson, Jeff Brandt, and my rents.

No comments: